Thursday, November 24, 2016

With Thanksgiving and Praise


The aroma of the turkey in the oven filling the rooms, my father playing the guitar as he whistles a tune, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade playing in the background on our tv, and my Mamma stirring up some vegetables for her Pumpkin Soup in the kitchen. 

These are the little things that I never want to forget on days like this. The older I get, the more I really start to see how blessed I am to be in the family God placed me in.

In a bit my family will start coming and we still have two tables, one for the adults and one for the "kids"... and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. My Nonno says the prayer in Italian as he has done ever since I was child before we enjoy our meal. 

I'm so grateful for many things this year, God placed me in a position I never thought I would take, new beginnings, new hopes, and both my Nonni still here with us.

God is good always, always, always. May we always remember that... and may you have a beautiful, joyous, filling, and full of laughter Thanksgiving Day with your family and friends.♡ 

No comments:

Post a Comment